by Dr. Gloria Jo Floyd
Do you find that sometimes you aren't doing what you should be doing to make your life
a success. Do you often feel like giving up, dropping out or forgetting your dreams
to speak in places you have always striven for? Well guess what... It happens to the
best of us. But would you like to know a few ways to get over it?
Well hang on and listen up, this is real easy if you commit to do these few things
- Remember that tomorrow is a new day and that troubles don't last always ... you will
probably get an unexpected speaking engagement in the next few days.
- Never carry any unnecessary elephants on your back, leave them for the elephant carriers
... they are trained for it!
- Shake out your blessings and give thanks ... for even little things -- like a call about
a possible "gig" (speech that is)!
- Take each speaking day one at a time ... but market 24/7/365.
- Pray, Meditate or Think Positive Speaker Thoughts -- flee from pessimism -- it will
knock your creativity and vision out ... and hinder your progress.
- Find some spirit filled buddies to "spirit fill" with all year long.
- Stop talking ... not speaking .. and start giving back -- as something positive always
derives from it.
- Harness the betterness in you, your speaking and your living.
- Rich up your speaking and personal life one day at a time with love, patience, kindness
- Take back your creative time and use it well ... get off the couch and your "oh,
"poor" is me spell!"
- What ever you are doing ... especially where speaking is concerned -- Love it or leave
it .. and get into topics only that you love to do! Be Happy...
- Expect disappointments ... planes will be late, speeches may not go well, or the client
might cancel -- but stay ready to bounce back from it... God, always has something better.
- Live the thought that speaking requires the "most" of the "best" ...
from all of us ... so stay focused to be the best.
- Put others first and you will always be ahead ... and of good speaker spirit, and
- Remember great is possible for all of us -- in something -- so "be happy" and
search for the greatness within you! Every Day ... OK?
Until we "talk" again, shake a leg, capture your positive spirit, dance a
jig, pray for divine speaker intervention, brag a bit, get wisdom, be content but not
complacent, strive for more, capture the moment, hang out with the best, study the giants,
walk more talk, be over the top, believe you can, harness the moment and ... build your
speaker and speaking spirit. Happy Speaker Spirit Building To You!
©2002-2012/Dr. Gloria Jo Floyd/NCEHS/. 14439 N.W. Military Hwy #108 PMB 615 San
Antonio, TX 78231/